Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PER DIEM NURSE RESEARCHER
A nursing career on the cutting edge
Mount Sinai. Wear the badge of excellence.
All day. Every Day. You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningful relationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence, compassion and professionalism.
By combining autonomous, passionate caregiving with state-of-the-art technology, you are winning awards, advancing patient care and crafting the future of your nursing practice in the 21st century.
You are a Mount Sinai Nurse.
Nurses are the heart of healthcare — compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You are empowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and family member that entrust us with their care.
What you will do:
The Per Diem Nurse Researcher provides leadership for nursing
staff at all levels to develop and implement division specific nursing research
and evidence based practice projects. This individual collaborates with
multiple professionals and clinical units within Mount Sinai, to facilitate the
implementation of these projects. This position is part of the Center for
Nursing Research and Innovation (CNRI) in the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount
Sinai and the Mount Sinai Hospital (MSH) Department of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists clinical nursing staff in the development of knowledge and understanding of the management and implementation of clinical translational research projects.
2. Mentors nursing staff in the development, implementation and coordination of specific research projects or evidence based practice protocols.
3. Encourages scholarship and research within the development of evidence-based nursing practice, promoting a spirit of inquiry among nursing staff.
4. Participates in the Departmental Nursing Research Council and associated Committees, as requested.
5. Promotes and supports nursing research and publication through individual and group mentoring and provides needed education on the process for both.
6. Acts as a resource for development of research and/or articles for publication and presentations.
7. Collaborates with other departments in the development of research projects.
8. Collaborates with investigators to assure objectives are met and integrity and quality of the research is maintained.
9. Assures research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, Federal/sponsor regulations and guidelines, MSH Policy and Procedures, research protocols, and IRB requirements.
10. Serves as a role model, mentor, and consultant to the clinical nursing units and divisions to provide expertise and share knowledge.
11. Other relevant duties as assigned
What you will bring:
· Doctorate degree in Nursing or related discipline. Eligibility for adjunct appointment, Mount Sinai-Icahn School of Medicine; current NYS Nursing licensure.
Current faculty appointment at a School of
Nursing or related health science school; history of exposure to funded
Why work with us.
Expanding the possibilities
Here, innovation is valued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full of friendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to delivering extraordinary patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home—culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefit package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Strength Through Diversity
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and always aim to make our employees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driver for excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disability status, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impact your differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016 Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list. EOEMinorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans