Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem CAT/MRI Technician
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
The Cardiovascular CT and MR Imaging department is an outpatient facility that provides patients with state-of-the-art Cardiac imaging equipment, including the Philips iCT 256 slice CT and Siemens MR scanners dedicated to Cardiac imaging. The enthusiastic teamwork atmosphere creates an excellent work environment with safe high quality patient care as the primary focus.
Under the general supervision of the Center Manager, performs a variety of diagnostic procedures utilizing high performance CT and high energy magnetic field MR scanners according to protocol and age specific needs, including patient preparation, practicing MRI and CT radiation safety, injecting patients with IV contrast media utilizing high powered injector as required, performing limited clerical duties and associated tasks. Maintains and monitors quality assurance on equipment, accurate record keeping, patient environment and safety procedures.
- Explains procedure, reassuring patient and securing his/her full cooperation during testing.
- Accurately positions the patient according to the diagnostic scan protocol. Acquires/processes/reconstructs images when appropriate.
- Provides the latest radiation protection techniques in accordance with ACR ALARA requirements.
- Sends patient data to PACS for long term storage.
- Observes radiation safety techniques, including use of protective shielding.
- Takes appropriate precautions to minimize exposure to infectious or biohazard agents.
- Interfaces with appropriate computer systems related to duties of this position.
- Alerts Unit Technical/Operations Manager regarding equipment malfunctions, problems encountered during testing, etc.
- Assists in on-the-job training of students and new technologists as assigned.
- Follows area policies/guidelines in order to perform imaging studies of superior technical quality.
- Technologist must maintain CME requirements for CT and MR ARRT registration.
- ARRT Registration (CT)
- ARRT Registration (MR) (Preferred)
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology Program
- New York State Certified in Radiologic Technology
- New York State Certified with intravenous Contrast Injections
- Current CPR (BCLS) certification
- Knowledge of MR safety including compatible implants and devices
- PACS/Computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- MRI experience
- 2 to 5 years of Cardiovascular CT Experience
- Venipuncture experience preferred
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.