Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Manager I, Personalized Medicine Institute
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Project Manager oversees the operational aspects and scope of a specific project, creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources and assigns individual responsibilities. Effectively applies project methodology and enforces standards while ensuring quality assurance procedures. A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date and differs from a business cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
- Develops a budget for the project and is responsible for the allocation of resources.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project(s).
- Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project scope and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Will oversee the participating members of the project to ensure communication is timely and accurate, and that the project needs are met, including documentation for the project.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant experience; project management experience preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.