Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher I, Metabolism Institute
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
This lab position requires knowledge in molecular and cellular biology with an emphasis on metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes. Expertise in specific lab. techniques is preferred, including tissue culture, isolation of RNA, DNA, and protein, RT-PCR, western blotting, DNA extraction, adenovirus preparation and use, histological techniques, fluorescent microscopy, gene regulation, computer skills (word processing, email, spreadsheet management, adobe Photoshop, Image J), and lab organization skills (organizing safety information and training, inventory management, ordering supplies and record keeping).
- Molecular Biology Techniques: mRNA isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, western immunoblot, ChIP, ChIPseq, RNAseq, adenovirus preparation and use, DNA/RNA sequence analysis
- Cell Culture Techniques: Culture of transformed cell lines, isolation and culture of primary tissues. Preparation of Buffers and Media
- Flow Cytometry
- Histochemical Techniques: immunohistochemical staining, immunofluorescent staining, brightfield and fluorescent microscopy
- Data Collection and Entry: Enter data, maintain records of all experimental data, quantification of immunohistochemical data by usual techniques, transfer all data to PI in a timely fashion, working knowledge of excel, word, powerpoint, image J, photoshop
- Laboratory maintenance including ordering, supply inventory, maintenance of stocks, lab organization, compliance with safety monitoring, maintenance of ordering/financial records
- Minimum Education Level Required : Baccalaureate; preferably in biological field
- 1-2 years' experience preferred. Experience with molecular biological techniques and tissue culture required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.