Mount Sinai Careers
BUSINESS COORDINATOR - MEDICAL EDUCATION
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Medical Education - 2226038
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Business Coordinator supports the faculty, staff, and students of the Department of Medical Education by managing the department’s business operations through financial transactions, procurement, and processes/initiatives. This position will assist the department in operating more effectively and efficiently. The Business Coordinator reports to the Associate Director for Academic Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit, and track all financial transactions for the Department including purchase orders, check request, petty cash vouchers, fund transfers, vendor contracts, and faculty and staff travel; pay and track monthly and annual vendor invoices
- Order and maintain office supply inventory and manage office equipment maintenance
- Assist department staff with procuring services and supplies and paying vendors
- Build upon current vendor relationships and acquire new vendors based on department need
- Manage specific department funding sources; help with department division budgets, budget forecasting & analysis
- Generate/maintain reports on department operations, finances/transactions, revenue and expenses & business operations
- Create contracts working with the Office of the President, Office of the Dean, Purchasing Department, Finance, and Human Resources
- Work with student council and other student groups to manage student organization funding, finances, and budgeting
- Procure supplies for student activities (medical supplies, catering, general supplies), manage student travel, and submit reimbursement for student council and other student activities
- Input and review weekly staff payroll, track staff over time (OT) data and attendance, and liaise with staff on payroll issues
- Collaborate with IT to ensure department’s technology infrastructure needs are met
- Work closely with the Student Council, Office of Academic Administration, Office of Student Affairs, and Office of Medical Student Research on executing student and departmental activities and programs
- Recommend and Implement process/performance improvement projects/procedures
- Handle special projects delegated by the Assistant Dean or Associate Director
- Participation in other departmental projects and day to day operations including telephone coverage as needed
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2 years administrative experience; experience in related education field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, multi-task, and understand the big picture
- Computer and database management proficiency
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.