Mount Sinai Careers
Health System and Process Improvement Facilitator II-Strategic Planning
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Health System and Process Improvement Facilitator II
Systems and Process Improvement Facilitator II leads the facilitation
and support and process improvement initiatives as directed. Reporting to the
Director of Health Systems and Process Improvement at The Mount Sinai Health
System, the HSPI Facilitator II promotes the use of performance improvement
methodologies as an approach for problem solving and growth in order to assist
all levels of staff in operating more efficiently and effectively. This
individual is also responsible to participle in or develop/administer a
performance improvement training curriculum as part of The Mount Sinai Health
System’s continuous improvement culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads and facilitates assigned process improvement events including but not limited to: rapid improvement events, kaizen events, value stream analysis, 6S events, and “just do its”
- Collaborates with key clinical, administrative, and quality leaders to identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Collaborates with members of the organization to develop process re-designs that targets effective, efficient, timely, safe, and patient centered resolution of identified health system issues
- Supports and facilitates a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Works with managers and supervisors to assure appropriate participation and support
- Bachelors' degree in Health Care-clinical or
administration, Industrial Engineering, Business, Organizational Psychology, or
related field required.
- Lean certification is preferred.
- Statistical software experience a plus.
- 5+ years direct operations management, performance improvement, consulting, or related experience required
- Certification and/or working knowledge of Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies
- Project management experience with emphasis on process improvement, change management, or implementation of customer/ patient centered processes
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.