Mount Sinai Careers
Safety and Quality Analyst - Behavioral Health - Full Time Day
Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Behavioral Health Safety and Quality Analyst is responsible for monitoring and implementing safety, quality, risk management and performance improvement activities across the Service Line; ongoing education of staff through ongoing and specialized initiatives; and the promotion of quality care through evidenced based practice, presentations and publications. The Safety and Quality Coordinator collaborates with multiple professionals to support and coordinate the provision/management of quality, education, and compliance, both Service Line-wide and campus-specific.
- Under the direction of the Behavioral Health Safety and Quality Director, evaluates and operationally aligns standards, processes and policies of all Safety, Quality, Risk Management and Performance Improvement across the Service Line
- Supports and ensures that the overall patient management program supports patient, unit and clinical service objectives, patient management, and excellence in the delivery of patient care services.
- Collects, analyzes and monitors quality and performance metrics (both publicly reported and system-based) across the Service Line.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring and reporting requirements to maintain regulatory compliance (ie,CMS,JC, OMIG, OMH, OASAS, Justice Center)
- Tracks, analyzes, aggregates and trends events, near misses, and other incidents to identify, address and report on Service-Line wide and campus-based patterns
- Collects and analyzes QA/PI data, prepares and distributes summary reports, and performs statistical analyses
- Analyzes QA/PI data to identify areas of improvement and to develop programs/initiatives to address gaps.
- Analyzes campus-specific and Service-Line performance on publicly reported quality measures (ie, IPFQR, OMH and OASAS-specific quality measures), and works with campus leadership to continuously improve performance.
- Collaborates with campus-based Safety and Quality specialists and campus-specific leadership to:
- Assist with investigations, evaluations, and corrective actions;
- Assist with Reviews run by Behavioral Health Safety and Quality Director of select serious adverse and other reportable events across the Service Line and generates complete and accurate Review Reports
- Assists in development of effective, robust, and implementable corrective action plans
- Assists in the implementation and spread of corrective actions as applicable across the Service Line and on campuses
- Works closely with leadership throughout the Service Line, Nursing Departments, Social Work Departments, System Risk Management, System Safety and Quality and other hospital departments to insure that effective implementation of quality and performance improvement and risk mitigation strategies
- Keeps current with new regulations from OMH/OASAS/JC/CMS/Justice Center/OMIG and assists in dissemination of information and implementation of initiatives to achieve compliance
· Bachelor’s degree
· Masters degree in health related profession
· Minimum of three years clinical experience in behavioral health; working knowledge of OMH and/or OASAS clinical regulations.
· Strong preference for experience in inpatient/emergency behavioral health services.
· Exceptional organizational and communication skills
· Ability to demonstrate and maintain professional credibility and value with physicians, nursing, quality leaders and others, both inside and outside of the Service Line
· Competent in computer technology
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.