Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care-sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help write us a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The practice of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse is defined as performing tasks & responsibilities within the scope of supportive & restorative care; medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse of licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or dentist
- Delivers nursing care in structured & routine situations free of scientific complexity.
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Administration of treatments and routine tasks such as suctioning and urinary catheterizations.
- Preparation of patient for surgery, diagnostic tests, treatments, examinations.
- Administration of medications within scope of practice.
- Identification and set up of intravenous equipment and delivery of solutions for infusion through peripheral access devices
- Administer blood or blood products, with special training.
- Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents & accidents associated with patients, to the Registered Professional Nurse & records same on appropriate documents with the format of charting utilized in the unit.
- Recognizes the unit based model for delivery of nursing care & assumes responsibility for assignments delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse such as: Contributes to nursing care plan in collaboration with other members of nursing staff
- Reinforces the patient/family teaching process identified by the RN
- Provides emotional support to patients & their families/significant others
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the nursing care plan
- Provides for the physical comfort & safety of the patient
- Contributes to patient care conferences
- Assists in Emergency Resuscitative Procedures by initiating a Team 7000 call, performing resuscitative procedures such as BCLS & carrying out other activities as directed by the team.
- Documents nursing care delivered on appropriate forms within the medical record.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Completion of educational program for licensure as a LPN
- Successful completion of required New York State Department of Health LPN IV Therapy Initial Program for the demonstration of competence in the performance of intravenous therapy/blood administration procedures as part of Centralized Orientation
- Successful completion of annual unit-based review & update program in procedures associated with intravenous therapy
- New York State Licensure with current registration as a LPN
experience in a health care setting preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.