Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SENIOR SCIENTIST - GENETIC & GENOMIC SCIENCES
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, diagnosis and treatment.
- Analyzes and interprets clinical data from research studies.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results.
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers.
- Coordinates seminars and discussions for dissemination of knowledge and results of research in order to develop new diagnosis or treatment.
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- May supervise graduate/ medical students and trainees.
- Performs other related duties
- Doctorate degree (PhD) in sciences or related field
- Minimum five years of experience with scientific investigation.
- Must have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a field of research
- Must have contributed to a number of peer-reviewed publications, inventions or the like, at least some of which have had a major impact on advancing the field or discipline.
- Prior experience successfully securing external grant funding is highly desirable.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.