Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Operations Manager - Pre Transplant - Full Time
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Clinical Program Manager/Wait list Manager is a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with specific knowledge and skills who participates in the coordination of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations within the Transplantation Institute.
- Coordinates the activities of the multi-disciplinary team under the direction of our physicians and surgeons, ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards, providing quality care in a patient centric environment.
- Facilitates the evaluation of patients who are on the waitlist for kidney transplant. Assumes primary responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all listed follow up visits. Ensures that patient education is done and documented during these patient visits. Ensures that all regulatory documents are appropriately processed during these visits.
- Works closely with the pre-transplant team, providing coverage as needed, and working with staff to ensure that patients on the waitlist are current with all medical clearances.
- Manages and oversees the kidney waitlist to maintain active status for transplant. Reviews and manages inactive patients on the waitlist to ensure all records are up to date and patients are moved to active status when applicable.
- Assumes primary responsibility for all patient and family education for patients on the kidney transplant waitlist.
- Has 24 hour primary on-call responsibility, requiring independent triage of patient and physician inquiries using advanced clinical judgments, and evaluation of all deceased donor referrals including coordination of all deceased donor transplant surgeries.
- Assists Transplant Nephrologists with management of post transplant patients.
- Participates in all transplant related meetings (RRC, M&M etc).
- Participates in transplant on-going educational activities. Attends national conferences to stay up to date on new transplant regulations and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as needed
What you’ll Bring:
NP or BS/MS degree Physician Assistant
2 years clinical experience working as NP/PA
NYS Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.