Mount Sinai Careers
Data Coordinator II
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
192 - CMO Quality Initiatives- 2234060
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Collects data and generates highly complex reports as required,
including internal reporting as requested by management. Prepares and submits
reports to regulatory agencies or accrediting agencies. Reports are submitted
timely and accurately according to current standards and regulations.
2. Assists in developing tools for data collection.
3. Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management. Disseminates relevant information to all concerned parties.
4. Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required.
5. Implements solutions for any data management issues. May develop training tools and update procedure manuals.
6. Assist in the design or design basic databases, or custom applications to ensure the database meets the needs of all levels of staff.
7. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system. Acts as a resource to all database users in order to assure consistency and accuracy of data.
8. Assists staff with technical issues related to the database.
9. Uses in-depth knowledge of the database to extract data and generate required reports and queries for statistical analyses in varying formats as requested. Implements changes to reports as required by regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
10. Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical issues or software updates.
11. May access data in the Data Warehouse.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience/education required.
3 years of database experience required. (Master’s and 1 year experience)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.