Mount Sinai Careers
Pharmacist - RTC (Cancer Center) - Full Time - Variable
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, clinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely fashion
2. Resolves questions regarding formulary/ and non-formulary
medications, knowledge of and follows policies and procedures
3. Provides dosing & therapeutic recommendations that
take patient age/ kinetic variables based on literature
4. Performs clinical chart reviews on a scheduled basis
5. Performs Patient Care Unit inspections on a scheduled and
6. Prepares parenteral medications using sterile aseptic technique
7. Maintains adequate medication supply in the Pharmacy area
and informs supervisor of impending shortages
8. Intervenes and documents interventions to correct/ improve
9. Reports adverse drug events and medication errors
occurring in area serviced
10. Takes responsibility for the operation of the assigned
Pharmacy area and activities of all supportive personnel
11. Adheres to Hospital's dress code
12. Maintains an acceptable attendance record
13. Keeps up to date by reading and attending workshops,
conferences and C.E. programs to maintain professional competency
14. Perform chart reviews, looking for appropriateness of
drug therapy for the disease or diseases being treated as per department
15. Responsible for medication reconciliation as per
16. Performs patient education, including but not limited to,
proper dose as prescribed, taking meds on time, side effects if any,
interaction with other drugs patient might be taking, all as per department requirements.
17. Completes PEAK training and educational requirements as
per department and/or hospital requirements.
What you’ll Bring:
Doctor of Pharmacy
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for
individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel
valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual