Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Physical Therapy Coordinator, Part Time
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What you will do:
Seeking Senior Physical Therapist with experience
assessing and treating individuals in the Performing Arts (i.e. dancers) to
work at the Mount Sinai Doctor's practice at the Friedman Health Center.
The Physical Therapy Coordinator performs initial examinations, establishes plans of care and provides physical therapy interventions to a predominantly orthopedic patient population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides education and training to patients, families, and/or care partners related to health, wellness, exercise and mobility.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment as needed. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate in services and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Works in conjunction with clinical and administrative staff to facilitate patient scheduling.
9. Participates in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant(s), aides, volunteers, and/or students.
10. Must follow all Mount Sinai policies and procedures.
11. Attends a minimum of two conferences each year.
12. Serves as a resource for coverage and assists the Chief Physical Therapist and/or Professional Practice Manager in operational planning.
13. Maintains productivity expectations specific to the practice.
What you will bring:
Bachelor's Degree (Master’s or Doctorate preferred) in Physical Therapy.
Current New York State P.T. licensure
5 years clinical experience
At least 3 years with this population
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!