Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
D21 - General Admin PMO
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP) is an innovative multi-billion dollar incentive program designed to fundamentally change the health care delivery system in New York to create a higher performing, financially viable and patient-centered system. DSRIP’s overall goal is to reduce avoidable hospital use by 25% by implementing novel clinical and care management programs for attributed Medicaid beneficiaries. Up to $6.42 billion dollars have been allocated to this program with payouts based upon achieving predefined results in system transformation, clinical management and population health.
The Mount Sinai Performing Provider System (PPS) is a partnership with clinical providers and community-based organizations throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens to implement clinical initiatives that support the ultimate goal of DSRIP. The Mount Sinai PPS Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for driving and supporting these implementation efforts.
The Administrative Manager, Operations will be a key team member of the Mount Sinai PPS PMO. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Manager is responsible for day-to-day administration of the PMO. Primary functions include human resources management, budgetary and financial management, oversight of the PPS governance structure, and DSRIP reporting.
1. Operates as part of the core DSRIP PMO team, providing direct day-to day-planning and tactical support to Director in the support of the PMO and associated infrastructure within the PPS in the execution of the New York DSRIP program
2. Support Director as central point of contact for “corporate functions” under PMO, including Finance, HR, Legal, Compliance, and Facilities
3. Manage personnel processes from job description development through orientation; lead efforts in recruiting, hiring, compensation, professional development, and team-building in accordance with policies
4. Support the Director in assessing and adjusting PMO staffing needs based on project trajectory and staff competencies; ensure work is resourced and assigned to PMO support staff; identify gaps in resources and implements strategies to fill those gaps
5. Monitor department financials and report regularly to Director on status
a. Maintain annual 5 million dollar PMO budget
b. Advise on budget allocations for related DSRIP workstreams
c. Serve as liaison to Mount Sinai Finance team and oversee department contracts, invoicing, vendor payments and consulting arrangements
6. Guide and support the operation of the Board of Managers and associated committees within the governance structure of the PPS
a. Assist committees with operationalizing prescribed work plans and completing deliverables
b. Convene and execute regular meetings and ad-hoc working groups and prepare meeting presentations and materials
c. Remain informed of changing state regulations and communicate with committees and working groups
d. Maintain communications with partner organizations involved with committee work
7. Support DSRIP quarterly reporting process, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner
8. Design and guide timelines and work plans for spin-off bodies of work that support the implementation or infrastructure for DSRIP
9. Advise Director of operational issues related to PMO activities and recommend solutions as appropriate; maintain communication and feedback between PMO staff and leadership
10. Assist with implementing policies and procedures and ensure operational efficiency is maintained throughout the department
11. May convene or facilitate additional PMO meetings; may serve as delegate at DSRIP meetings on behalf of Director
12. Perform other related duties
Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or related field, or equivalent combination of Bachelor's degree and experience; Masters preferred
7 years’ experience in an administrative or management capacity
• Highly professional individual with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of standard project management approaches
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multiple deliverables, anticipate needs, and craft and implement solutions
• Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and attention to detail
• Working knowledge and interest in advancing the health care industry
• Ability to quickly learn new and utilize new databases and software programs as needed
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.