Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DATA ANALYST I - DEPARTMENT OF NEUROSURGERY
The Mount Sinai Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Data Analyst will be an integral part of the
Neurosurgery QA/PI team including: the collection, maintenance, and
organization of a comprehensive neurosurgery database which will include
various service line and core quality metrics for each service line and system
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, record data for neurosurgical patients from Epic in a RedCap database
- Maintain a high quality Neurosurgical database and perform periodic data checks
- Generate service line periodic reports for core quality metrics for QA/PI
- Will be responsible for all data entry for MSH and will work with site QA/PI specific designees to obtain high quality data from sites other than MSH
- Ensures the accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Maintain a database of all Morbidities and Mortalities for the Department of Neurosurgery
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s with an expressed interest in science
- One year of experience in a data/ research experience in biomedical or clinical sciences
- Intermediate MS Word (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook. Redcap preferred
- Experience with SAS and SPSS, preferred
- Experience with an Electronic Health Record
- General Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding ability to work well with others, particularly in a team setting
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid time-management skills and ability to effectively multitask.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.