Mount Sinai Careers
Outpatient Physical Therapist-Part Time
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What you will do:
Seeking part-time Physical Therapist for predominantly
musculoskeletal population in outpatient, corporate office practice.
The Physical Therapy Coordinator performs initial examinations, establishes plans of care and provides physical therapy interventions to a predominantly orthopedic patient population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides education and training to patients, families, and/or care partners related to health, wellness, exercise and mobility.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment as needed. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate in services and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Works in conjunction with clinical and administrative staff to facilitate patient scheduling.
9. Participates in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant(s), aides, volunteers, and/or students.
10. Must follow all Mount Sinai policies and procedures.
11. Maintains CEUs as per NYS Physical Therapy license requirements
12. Serves as a resource for coverage and assists the Chief Physical Therapist and/or Professional Practice Manager in operational planning.
13. Maintains productivity expectations specific to the practice.
14. Manage operations for PT services provided in the practice location
15. Provide input into hiring and performance appraisals of employees practicing in the PT location.
What you will bring:
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy, Master’s or Doctorate preferred
Current New York State P.T. licensure
3+ years in outpatient physical therapy, 5+ preferred
Why work with us.
Expanding the possibilities
Here, innovation is valued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full of friendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to delivering extraordinary patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home—culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefit package package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Strength Through Diversity
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and always aim to make our employees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driver for excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disability status, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impact your differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016 Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list. EOEMinorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans