Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Manager, Department of Psychiatry
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
The Administrative Manager plans, directs and oversees all administrative operations, human resources, and/or clinical services. This position may oversee facilities planning, maintenance and custodial operations as well as responsibility of grants and contracts and capital budget.
- Manages and coordinates activities of clerical, administrative and call center personnel of the department
- Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations
- Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records to improve efficiency of department
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Assists in the planning of budgetary needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with department leadership to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment
- Facilitates creation of training programs. Conducts training for staff to carry out departmental programs and services
- Facilitates implements quality assurance programs to meet standards and regulations of federal, state and city accrediting agencies
- Ensures standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO) and New York State and City Department of Health are met
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned
- Performs other related duties
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public health administration; Master’s degree preferred, with applicable experience
- 7 years of experience in health care operational and/or administrative leadership, preferably in outpatient setting and in psychiatry practices. Experience in healthcare operations, management of finances, insurance reimbursement and collections, managing resources and leading successful teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Budgeting and Finance management
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.