Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
MANAGER ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS, FACULTY AFFAIRS AND HUMAN RESOURCES - ARNHOLD INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL HEALTH
The Mount Sinai Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Manager for Academic Appointments, Faculty Affairs and Human
Resources in the Department of Health System Design and Global Health at the
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai will be responsible for the processing
of academic appointments & promotions as well as the day-to-day management
of all administrative, fiscal and operational transactions related to Faculty
Affairs and Human Resources Management. Reporting directly to and working with
the Department Administrator, the Manager for Academic Appointments, Faculty
Affairs, and Human Resources will ensure that the Department of Health System
Design and Global Health has a strong operational foundation from which to
maintain support for the Department’s Faculty and Staff, and efficiently manage
the onboarding processes for Faculty and Staff, including clinical
accreditations, and compliance training and reporting. The Manager ensures that the department is
run according to institutional policies and any applicable regulatory
The Department of Health System Design and Global Health is looking for a solutions-oriented, discreet, highly-organized, competent self-starter to manage and execute upon all administrative activities for the initial onboarding, and day-to-day processes pertaining to Academic Appointments and Promotions, Faculty Affairs and general Human Resources activities under the auspices of the Department of Health System Design and Global Health.
Assist Department Chair and Administrator with preparing business plan, job descriptions, CV and MediTract contract and academic appointment collaterals
- Initiate and process medical staff appointment requests/clinical accreditations as needed
- HR & Payroll processing
- Prepare Welcome Kits
- Review departmental best practices, policies & procedures, overview of department web page and intranet, order office supplies
- Identify all applicable required training modules (e.g. FCO/COI, Effort Reporting, HIPAA, GCP, InfoEd, Ideate, EPIC, FPA compliance, PEAK training, etc.) and create schedule for timely completion of all required training
- Assist with preparation of contract and academic appointment amendments and renewals through MediTract
- Maintain a current record of Other Support/Effort Reporting documentation for all faculty
- Track CME credits for individual faculty as needed
- Plan and attend all departmental faculty meetings, including sending out meeting details and agendas, tracking RSVPs, taking meeting minutes, and disbursement thereof post meetings
- Serve as Arnhold Institute’s liaison between faculty and administrative staff regarding recruitment, hiring and on-boarding policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding EEOE and compensation
- Work closely with Department Chair and Administrator to Initiate and process all outgoing and incoming HRTS transactions (new hire/new vacancy requests, salary source changes, WIODs, supplements, LOAs, etc.)
- Maintain staff and faculty attendance records
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent of education and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Current or previous experience with ISMMS APT and HR policies & procedures highly desirable
- Experience with HR processes, payroll, and contract management systems such as HRTS, Sinai Central, MediTract, Oracle, Taleo, LaborWorx, Kronos, Effort Reporting software, Banner, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Creative, sensible self-directed approach to problem-solving
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with demonstrated ability to execute multiple tasks effectively
- Basic understanding of federal, state and local labor law
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to create high quality, professional written documentation and correspondence with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) savings plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.