Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
REVENUE CYCLE MANAGER - DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Responsible for directing and coordinating
overall functions of revenue cycle activity, ensuring maximization of cash flow
while improving patient, physician and customer relations. This includes
accountability for front and back-end functions, daily reconciliation,
resolution of billing inquiries and patient/caregiver education on the billing
process. May function as liaison between patient and other Mount Sinai
departments (Hospital or FPA) in management of patient billing inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing/collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection
- Manages practice/department within the established budget, including annual planning, and develops monthly status reports
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of delinquent accounts, ensuring third-party payors are contacted
- Establishes and recommends credit and collection policies. Makes recommendations for improvement
- Solves difficult payment and associated Mount Sinai practices or network problems (whether Hospital or FPA based). Audits problem accounts and takes appropriate action to achieve amicable outcome between patient and the Medical Center
- May meet with new patients and caregivers in assigned department(s) to orient them to billing processes and expectations
- Maintains contact with Medical Records and other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensure policies are communicated and administered consistently
- Develops and oversees business systems and works with Information Technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation
- Initiates and answers pertinent correspondence. Prepares operational and financial reports and analysis, noting progress as well as adverse trends. Makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Maintains required records and files
- Monitors daily operating activities of assigned department and makes suggestions necessary for improved workflow and efficiency
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures including government, insurance and third-party payor regulations
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies, as directed
- Acts as liaison with all levels of administration and faculty in the coordination of operational activities to achieve directives and facilitate problem resolution
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Maintains confidentiality as regards to patients accounts status
- Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division
- Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree in business administration or related field. Masters Degree in business or related field preferred
- (5) years of medical business office experience, (2) years experience in Hospital or Part B billing, and/or accounting or information systems
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.