Mount Sinai Careers
EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST - RESPIRATORY INSTITUTE
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Evaluate patient prior to, during and after
cardiopulmonary testing being performed for diagnostic purposes. Assist medical
director with the interpretation of cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review patient’s medical history
- Assess patients current activity level in order to determine appropriate level of exercise
- Perform hemodynamic and respiratory monitoring during all phases of exercise testing
- Train staff members in the performance of cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Perform quality assurance/trouble shooting on cardiopulmonary exercise equipment
- Assist medical director in the interpretation of cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Master’s degree from an approved program in Exercise Physiology
- 3 years of experience with diagnostic cardiopulmonary exercise testing, preferred
- Understand contraindications to performing the exercise study and reasons to terminate the test early to insure patient safety
- Understand the basic electrocardiogram (ECG) and abnormalities that may occur during exercise
- BLS certificate a plus
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.