Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Communications and Marketing Associate II, Seaver Austism Center, Department of Psychiatry
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment is a fully integrated translational research center with a mission to enhance the diagnosis of autism and related disorders, discover the biological causes of those disorders, and develop and disseminate breakthrough treatments. We strive to bridge the gap between new discoveries in basic science and enhanced care, while ensuring the community is aware of new and improved approaches to caring for people with ASD.
The Seaver Autism Center is committed to serving individuals of all levels of functioning and takes a unique genetics-first approach to ASD research.
The Seaver Autism Center is seeking a Communications and Marketing Associate to facilitate and coordinate the marketing initiatives of the Center. S/he will be responsible for internal and external communications with a variety of audiences. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinates marketing activities and public relations for Seaver Autism Center
- Serves as liaison between Mount Sinai Central Marketing and the Center to ensure compliance and adherence to style guides
- Prepares Center marketing material including newsletters, annual reports, brochures, press releases, etc. and may be responsible for proofreading/editing content
- Maintains and updates web content as appropriate
- Manages Center's social media accounts
- Coordinates with vendors for various marketing initiatives
- Works with leadership and the Mount Sinai Press Office to identify news opportunities to increase the visibility of the Center
- Coordinates specific marketing projects and special events for the Center and represents the institution at events if applicable. Annual Seaver Center events include the Advances in Autism Conference, External Advisory Board Meeting and Seaver Foundation Site Visit, among others
- Facilitates fundraising initiatives for the Center, in partnership with the Administrative Director and the Mount Sinai Development Department. This includes planning the annual Spring Fundraising Dinner and Fall Cocktail Party, organizing email and mail appeals, researching and recruiting new donors, and tracking donations
- Manages communication with the Seaver Autism Center Associates Board, composed of families that support the Center through philanthropic giving and strategic support. This includes planning periodic Board Meetings, disseminating information and updates to the Board, and inviting the Board to Center events, lectures and seminars
- Under the supervision of the Administrative Director, responsible for management of Seaver Center Outreach Program budget
- Provides administrative support for consortia and partnerships with external entities, including the Autism Sequencing Consortium and various community partnerships
- May make suggestions for effective strategies to support business objectives
- Performs other duties as required
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and talented individual to join the Seaver Autism Center in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing / communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to translate scientific findings to a variety of stakeholders and the general public
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Event management experience a plus
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Basic/Intermediate skills with design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite)
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.