Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Provider Engagement and Outreach – Mount Sinai Health Partners
The Mount Sinai Health System
Who We Are:
Mount Sinai is one of the leading US health systems and a top-ranked academic medical center. We are transforming our business to focus on population health – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 350+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, and operations expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within the Mount Sinai Health System and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Learn more about Mount Sinai Health Partners and hear from our leadership team here.
Within MSHP, the Physician Engagement and Clinical Operations Team are the eyes and the ears of the organization with regards to the implementation all strategic initiatives to the provider network of over 3600+ physicians.
MSHPfor the recruitment of new physicians, education, servicing, clinical and quality oversight, utilization review and ongoing relationship management with physicians, physician groups, IPAs, FQHCs, health homes, skilled nursing facilities, community based organizations and specialty groups or vendors.seeks a Director of Provider Engagement and Outreach responsible
This position is a fantastic setting to showcase your ability to multitask and create a cohesive work environment with multiple levels of management. Looking for a self-motivated, organized and responsible candidate with impeccable social skills that can perform under demanding deadlines. The candidate will be expected to have extensive knowledge of the functions and organizational goals of MSHP.
· Responsibilities include developing a comprehensive knowledge of MSHP hospital and physician practices to develop and administer a physician engagement and partnership strategy focused on creating a sense of community and improving MSHP’s market share; to develop and direct implementation of adequate provider education/training activities for Clinical Integration (CI) participating providers to assure provider satisfaction and issue resolution.
· Responsible for the day to day oversight of the field team’s duties. Including weekly report out to Senior Director of team statistics including: Quality reporting, Practice Engagement and recruitment visits and progress on clinical initiatives. Focus on analytics for the engagement team in support of the Senior Director. Provides education and training to and leads assigned provider engagement team members.
· Responsible to make scheduled visits to physician offices to engage and communicate with providers within MSHP program regarding participation requirements, clinical performance targets, care gaps and patient engagement opportunities, MSHP program clinical programs/resources, population health strategies, clinical integration, incentive programs and other topics.
· Works with Senior Director regarding provider notifications, communications, provider satisfaction surveys, regular provider panel status verification, provider roster validation, provider claim issue support beyond the Financial Billing department and credentialing issues.
· Assists Senior Director in initiatives to maintain up to date competitive information including competitors’ network composition, provider reimbursement and incentive arrangements, medical and utilization management practices, technology and electronic communication methods used by competitors in support of their network providers.
· Recruit large physician groups, subcontract IPAs, FQHCs, Ancillary providers and large specialty groups or vendors for Clinical Integration Network (CIN) and DSRIP program participation consistent with MSHP network development strategies and participation standards.
· Ensures operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Communicates to MSHP providers on issues related to payer contracts, payer policies and procedures.
· Drives the implementation and ongoing process of provider education and training with assigned physicians or groups.
· Simplifies the physicians’ relationship with MSHP while working to identify and address improvement opportunities, executing plans and delivering key messages to physician practices and office staff.
· Implements programs and tactics to improve engagement of employed physicians.
· Performs additional duties as assigned or directed.
Education and Experience
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Other: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) – intermediate or greater proficiency