Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Administrative Director - FPA Administration, Patient Access Center
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Director exercises management responsibility over the business and operational activities of a small to medium sized department, unit or business process. This individual is responsible for establishing short and long term goals and objectives in line with Mount Sinai Health System as well as ensuring compliance with federal, state and city regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
- Establishes goals and objectives for each department that are consistent with MSMC policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Collaborates with the department Vice President, head or chairman to develop short term and long range plans.
- Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff.
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Directs and coordinates the performance appraisal system for all faculty, professional staff and biweekly employees.
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- Encourages collaboration among divisions to effectively coordinate and implement operational activities; facilitates and encourages effective communications across functional areas.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelors degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in health care finance or administration
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, managing resources and leading successful teams
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.