Mount Sinai Careers
OUTREACH PROGRAM COORDINATOR - Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Outreach Coordinator creates, organizes and schedules outreach activities and
special events. Engage patients and initiates care management services. Create
awareness and promote engagement, education and specific services to the
community. Initiates and develops key relationships between individuals or
groups in the community and Mount-Sinai Health Systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain current outreach and retention strategy to identify and target occupational health needs of various groups of patients in the community as identified by needs assessment reports
- Cultivate strong working relationships by maintaining regular communication with community and volunteer organizations to identify and utilize innovative strategies to engage members and promote services offered by Mount-Sinai Health System
- Develop, implement and evaluate retention activities to help maintain and bolster patient volume through focus groups, enrollment assistance and benefits counseling sessions
- Assist in gauging program effectiveness to improve and support program operations and standards, streamline work process and to increase the efficiency of the program
- Educate and provide general assistance to various groups of patients regarding services offered and other public benefits
- Coordinate and attend regularly scheduled meetings with outreach and retention stakeholders
- Act as a liaison to advisory board members
- Conduct presentations at community meetings regarding various services offered
- Coordinate and plan seminars, conferences and other educational workshops
- Assist in development of marketing materials to support outreach and retention activities and implement strategies that include but are not limited to website development, advertisement, radio and printed media
- Submit regularly activities reports for funding agencies to meet reporting deadlines
- Maintain meeting minutes and other administrative duties as needed
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager of the Member Services Department
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of outreach experience strongly preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.