Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH MANAGER - NEUROLOGY
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Clinical Research Manager has oversight of the research projects within a department or division. The person in this role will assist the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, budgets, adequate staffing and all related HR activity.
- Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care of professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agencies requirements.
- Coordinates care delivery and the assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operations.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in program development, consultation, and the planning and delivery of optimal unit operations.
- Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making.
- Assures availability of human and material resources for safe, competent and effective patient delivery.
- Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities. Ensures safe, efficient and quality patient care by following the medical center’s policies and protocols
- Identifies, responds to and investigates potential and actual risk management issues.
- Manages human resources, includes of recruitment, hiring, evaluating, retention, discipline and termination.
- Promotes positive consumer interactions and uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or related
- 5 years experience in a hospital/medical environment
- 1 year supervisory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
- Experience in managing and financial management
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach individuals
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.