Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical Bed RN Manager - Throughput Admitting - Full Time
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Oversees all clinical activities. The Clinical Manager's primary responsibilities are to collaborate with the clinical teams to facilitate patient admissions, discharges, intra-hospital and inter-facility transfer processes. Responsibilities include analyzing information received on the electronic bed board and from clinical staff to coordinate assignment of patients to the appropriate clinical unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates assignment of beds based on appropriate level of care and patient aggregation from the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Direct Admissions, patient transfers within the hospital and transfers from other hospitals identified by the Transfer Center. Includes all entry points into the organization.
2. Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds by conducting rounds and communicating with admission planners, admitting staff, Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Transfer Center and staff on the patient care units regarding bed availability, current census and admission needs.
3. Addresses and resolves daily issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability.
4. Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments. Intervenes in conflicts as needed.
5. Liaises with Nursing and Providers to facilitate patient discharges, inter-facility and intra-hospital transfer processes.
6. Coordinates accurate, current/up-to-date census and patient bed availability information.
7. Takes the initiative to anticipate problems, uses creative thinking and generates reports as required.
8. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, including bringing environment and equipment problems to the attention of Bed Management Leadership
9. Coordinates 6AM Census, Bed Management Updates, and collect and report monthly data as needed.
10. May need to work variable shifts/hours and weekends.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
This includes policy and program development, financial issues, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, and many direct patient care/clinical duties including managing patient emergencies.
What you’ll Bring:
required. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Current registration in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse required
Five years of clinical exercise experience with two years of management and supervisory experience preferred. (1) year of Bed Management experience preferred. Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
BLS, ACLS, and ACSM certified clinical exercise specialist preferred. Certified super-user in EPIC preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for
individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel
valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual