Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Patient Services Coordinator plays a crucial role in the delivery of healthcare
He/she serves as liaison for patient care activities in the practice and ensures quality patient care during patient visits. The Patient Services Coordinator helps educate patients on their care plans and coordinate services with Primary Care Providers, and out-patient services diagnostic testing facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works cohesively with the Primary Care Provider to facilitate patients’ care plan by participating in daily huddles/monthly case discussions, facilitating appointments and coordinating information and continuing care requirements
- Collaborates with other clinical staff, to resolve issues impacting patients’ care progression
- Monitors and updates dashboard with reminders and alerts, to organize daily tasks such as: visit status reminders, follow-up appointments, authorizations for medical review, coordination of specialty appointments and resolving billing errors (when applicable)
- Contact insurance carriers for patients’ pre-certification; consults with Department/Practice Manager with respect to patients’ needs or addressing escalated issues
- Provides front-end coverage as needed; records telephone encounters for routing to appropriate Providers
- Works as liaison with Physicians, patients and clinical staff to connect patients with relevant internal/external resources
- Provides recommendation for process/service improvement to promote patients satisfaction and address issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of healthcare/customer service or relevant experience
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.