Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
426 - AIDS Center – GV
Job Title: Registrar
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Registrar is responsible for the business aspect of the patient's visit to the ambulatory practice. Activities include: registration, insurance verification and notification, updating of financial and demographic information, reception and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enter or update patient demographics and financial information in computer system.
2. Generate patient’s chart and log patient data.
3. Verify Medicaid and other insurance information.
4. Hand out important patient information and documents.
5. Answer telephone and pages appropriate people.
6. Process specimens and accept alert values from lab.
7. Assist with cashiering duties by accepting clinic payments.
8. Deliver and expedites patient charts.
9. Dispatch specimens or documents by pneumatic tube.
10. Stamp all ancillary slips.
11. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
12. All other duties assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma/GED.
0-1 yr of experience.
Experience performing data entry (patient demographic data) in health care environment preferred.
Ability to interact with patients and caregivers.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.