Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Secretary II, Department of Psychiatry
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Performs secretarial and general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution and record and file maintenance. Typically services are provided for an assigned department, care center, nursing unit or one or more individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy and may compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed
- May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Makes travel, accommodation and/or transportation arrangements
- Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments
- Responds to inquiries for information according to established policies\Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general information purposes and special reports
- May process check requests and expense reimbursements
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- Associate Degree or High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years clerical/secretarial experience required.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.