Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Location: New York City, NY
Position: Postdoctoral fellowship in biostatistics, data science, epidemiology, environmental medicine, public health, global health or related fields
Employment Type: Full Time, 3 years Start Date: Spring 2018
Job Description: We seek candidates who have completed doctoral training in data sciences, biostatistics, epidemiology, or population-based environmental health. Work will involve identifying study topics; conducting literature review; developing a study design; collecting and analyzing data; drafting papers for peer-reviewed journal submission, and participation in the submission of research grant proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop new research studies that address important issues in population-based environmental and public health. The candidate can choose from a variety of topics and approaches, including:
· Use of existing databases in epidemiology, disease surveillance or environmental health to address issues of national or international public health significance.
· Development of novel approaches to community-based research that demonstrate prevention of risk factors for disease in local, national or international settings.
Training opportunities: Candidate will work with an experienced, dedicated mentor who aims to provide a supportive research environment. The postdoctoral fellow will receive:
· Mentorship in environmental health science and community-research partnerships
· Mentorship in career development
· Opportunities to attend and present at national conferences and symposiums
· Formal and informal training in writing scientific papers and grant proposals
· Opportunity to mentor and teach master’s degree students
· Research is geared towards preparing for an NIH K grant application or equivalent and it is our intention that this work will lead to an NIH career development application submitted in years 2-3 of the 3-year fellowship.
· Fellows will attend and present at Departmental seminars and professional conferences. Qualifications: Candidate must have a PhD or equivalent graduate degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health sciences, or related field with some experience and interest in assessment of children’s health. Must be a US Citizen.
Application process. Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest to email@example.com. Include "Postdoctoral Position" in the Subject line.
Salary: Base salary is comparable to the NIH stipend rate, supplemented to adjust for cost of living and for each year of experience. Work related experience will be considered in determining PGY level and supplementing salary.