Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
troubleshoots and repairs plant related mechanical equipment including: air,
vacuum, steam, domestic and process water systems, emergency power generation
and distribution systems, and HVAC Systems by interfacing with Building Management
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all plant related equipment to ensure acceptable operating parameters.
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of heating, cooling, ventilation, vacuum, air, power generation and any other auxiliary equipment.
- Reads various plant meters and gauges to document and log operating conditions and takes appropriate action to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Prepares all necessary reports required to communicate the status of plant and work performed including plant logbooks, inspection reports, shutdown reports, safety reports, work order reports, etc.
- Performs monthly inspection and load testing of emergency generators and all related systems.
- Performs inspections and documents condition of diesel fuel oil storage and piping systems. Supervises and documents oil deliveries in fuel oil logbooks.
- Ensures all preventive maintenance as well as repair and/or replacement of broken, worn or defective parts, valves, meters, safety devices, etc., are performed in a timely manner.
- Monitors Building Management System(s) and makes changes to the building environment as required.
- Takes operating samples of various process systems and adjusts chemistry or operating parameters as required.
- Monitors, maintains and reports on proper level of consumables and supplies used.
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with contractors performing work on plant related equipment. Assists or supervises the work of outside contractors as directed or required by facilities management.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Refrigeration License required
- Must have 3-years’ experience as a journeyman in Mechanical or Electrical Field.
- Must be proficient with all hand and power tools required as well as basic electrical testing with Volt-Ohm Meters, Amprobes, etc.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days of appointment both C of F G-17 and P-98issued by the NYCFD
- Proficient at all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Etc. Able to learn and utilize BMS control systems such as Siemens Apogee and Johnson Metasys Systems
- Excellent written and oral communications
- High Degree of Customer Service Skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.