Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ULTRASOUND SUPERVISOR - Department of Emergency Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the technical staff. He/She will implement policies and procedures relative to safe and effective practice as determined by federal, state and city regulations. Responsibility will include orienting and training of staff as well as coordination of ultrasound equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Plans work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relative to safe and competent practice
- Ensures ultrasound staff licensure is in effect and compliant
- Monitors tagging and operation of all ultrasound equipment, arranges for repair or calibration as necessary
- Decides which images to include, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas
- Observes screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required
- Observes and cares for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort
- Provides sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis
- Operates ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations
- Selects appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles
- Determines whether scope of exam should be extended, based on findings
- Processes and code film from procedures and complete appropriate documentation
- Obtains and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations
- Prepares patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3 years of experience as Sonographer, knowledge of all equipment used to perform ultrasound, selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when teaching or training staff
- Certification: American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.