Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
This position assists in the coordination of Institute for Critical Care Medicine (ICCM) Initiatives for the Director of ICCM. This position reports to the Director of Quality and the Clinical Quality Manager.
1. Plans and coordinates agendas for the meetings.
2. Works with the Director of Quality Improvement to collect and organize all Morbidity and Mortality meeting minutes. Distributes minutes assigned for internal peer review within the Transplant.
3. Tracks Morbidity and Mortality events for all ICCM units in a database for tracking/trending issues by program and by physician.
4. Answers routine and specific inquiries when possible pertaining to ICCM Quality issues. Directs inquiries, when necessary, to the appropriate department or individuals for further information and/or resolution.
5. Coordinates efforts with other Mount Sinai departments, as needed, for all morbidity and mortality events to ensure adequate review and response back to ICCM to close the loop for all issues.
6. Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings as needed for ICCM Quality initiatives
7. Develops, updates and/or revises informational flyers, brochures, leaflets and mailings.
8. Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports.
9. Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
10. May assist supervisor with the completion of applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
11. Performs other related duties.
What You’ll Bring:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. i.e. HS/GED diploma plus seven years of experience.
- Experience: 5 years related administrative or business experience required. Some supervisory experience preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.