Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Associate - Plastic Surgery- Westchester
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to physicians during surgery in hospital and outpatient private office or complicated medical procedures in office
- Cover attending clinics, evaluate new and return patients with the attending physician.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision
- Assist with placing consults and providing necessary work-up for attending’s patients.
- Run independent PA office hours; evaluate follow-up and post-op patients independently.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections necessary bedside procedures
- Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance if needed
- Coordinate patient care, patient education and teaching, communicating with patients pre-operatively and post-operatively, and communicating with other providers to obtain all pertinent clinical information to facilitate patient care. Interface with attending physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to coordinate care as part of the Plastic Surgery team.
- Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans.
- Provide educational sessions to nursing and medical assistant staff in the outpatient setting
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment, by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
- The PA practices within the guidelines of the department and institution
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.