Mount Sinai Careers
Ambulatory Care Technician - Adolescent Health - Full Time - Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Ambulatory Care Technician assists in patient care in the outpatient setting, in a support role to the Registered Professional Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtains and records patients' blood pressure (BP), heart rate (HR), respiration, and temperature.
2. Reports changes in patient parameters or unusual values to registered professional nurse or Physician.
3. Assists with lifting and positioning of patients.
4. Assists in the performance of physical examination under the direction of the Registered Professional Nurse or physician.
5. Collects and processes for laboratory examination the following specimens:
1. blood (vein,
5. secretions (throat, wound)
6. Assists with the preparation and operation of equipment, e.g:
2. cast equipment/materials
3. examination tables
7. Performs electrocardiograms as directed.
8. Provides assistance with procedures, such as:
9. Assist in the collection of intake data, e.g.:
10. Participates in the follow up of abnormal test results as directed by the registered11. Orients patients to outpatient clinical policies and procedures.
12. Performs simple dressing changes as ordered by the physician or Registered Professional Nurse.
13. Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control.
14. Supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Department of Nursing and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
15. Communicates in a clear, calm manner that is respectful of patients and family and/or significant others, and personnel involved in the unit.
16. Demonstrates a humanistic kind and caring attitude.
17. Gives verbal reports to designated Registered Professional and/or physician.
18. Maintains confidentiality of information.
19. Maintains competence in various tasks, skills, and functions:
20. Assists in the
operational functioning of the unit by ongoing inspection and maintenance to
ensure readiness of required equipment.
21. Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the medical record.
22. Locates resources and information for patients and family members.
23. Participates in the continuous quality improvement activities on the unit.
24. Assists with maintenance of unit policies and procedures, as well as input during review and updating.
25. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
1. Stocking the various
procedure rooms with appropriate supplies.
2. Sets up the procedure rooms for selected procedure by getting ready all the needed supplies, and setting up and testing for correct and complete functionally of the equipment.
3. Promptly reports to the Registered Professional Nurse all actual of potential problems regarding supplies and equipment.
4. Observes Infection Control Guidelines including appropriate use of personnel protective equipment.
1. Personal data
2. Chief complaint
3. Past, present, family, and social history
professional nurse or physician.
a. Attends JCAHO and mandatory in-service and educational programs as required.
b. Maintains and increases awareness and adherence to departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
c. Participates actively to be able to discuss topics covered during staff development.
d. Demonstrates initiatives by reading and applying related materials.
e. Reports all problems to Clinical Nurse Manager or designee.
f. Participates in projects and programs carried out within the department.
g. Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
h. Demonstrates awareness of and supports the Patient Bill of Rights.
What you’ll Bring:
High School Diploma or
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics and medical terminology preferred
Prefer experience in ambulatory setting or other relevant health care setting.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for
individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel
valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual