Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Marketing - REQ #2245554
Job Title: Director of Project Management
Roles & Responsibilities:
Project Management is a new function within Marketing that is responsible for building and sustaining enhanced capabilities that support efficient management and execution of the Central Marketing portfolio of work. Project Management drives operational efficiency and excellence in execution by building, using and monitoring processes and tools that optimize the way that the Enterprise Marketing organization works. We are enthusiastic change agents that build strategies and solutions to better enable agility and innovation, which leads to an enhanced ability to connect with our patients, doctors, and partners in innovative and motivating ways.
The Director, Project Management will work closely with the Marketing, Communications, and Creative Teams to oversee a comprehensive operations plan that includes: resource management, workflow/process improvement, cost management, and quality/risk management. S/he works closely with the other disciplines in delivering and exceeding our stakeholders’ expectations.
This individual will serve as the sole Project Manager and will be responsible for developing an optimal approach to successfully manage workflow and resource allocation within the creative development process, but with an eye toward expanding to include the entire lifecycle of a marketing project and growing the team.
- Partner closely with Marketing Leadership and cross-functional teams to define "best practices," document agreed upon protocols, establish efficient workflow processes, and select and implement appropriate tools to enable their successful implementation.
- Manage multiple print, branding, environmental, and digital projects across cross-functional teams – including external vendors as needed -- to consistently ensure that quality deliverables are produced on time and on budget.
- Determine overall how to capture and apply data against metrics in order to continually measure and optimize the efficiency of the department
- Break through silos and resolve conflicts through creative problem solving and savvy negotiating skills.
- Managing project workflow from intake through execution, approval, and release
- Partnering with Marketing Lead to create and follow project plans (MS Project)
- Trafficking work across functions and along an execution, development, and approval process
- Identifying the implementing workflow management process improvements
- Selecting and implementing workflow process software
- Enforcing processes and protocols to facilitate quality control (QA, proofreading, approvals)
- Ensuring the efficient and appropriate use of resources
- Establishing and running a resource allocations process
- Establishing and tracking resource utilization
- Establishing and tracking cost to performance metrics (e.g. revenue, investment)
- Strong team leader with a motivating work ethic and analytical mindset.
- BA/BS required, with 7+ years of related professional experience
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to be hands-on.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively under high-pressure situations.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.