Mount Sinai Careers
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
We are looking for a Senior Creative Copywriter to take a lead role in MSHS Advertising and Marketing campaigns. Reporting to the VP, Executive Creative Director, this position is in the department of Marketing and Communications and will participate in all health system priority marketing initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Generate outstanding concepts, headlines, and body copy for integrated, cross-channel initiatives to prospective and current patients, caregivers, and physicians.
- Write engaging marketing copy that uses a warm, patient-focused tone, clearly and persuasively expresses our value proposition, and entices the reader to take the next step in their journey with us.
- Collaborate effectively with art directors and designers to create compelling creative.
- Execute against a variety of tactics across print, digital, and experiential channels including web, digital display, social, email, DM, print advertising, video, and OOH.
- Write effectively, results-driven copy for every phase in the journey from awareness through conversion and retention.
- Adhere to the creative brief and strategy from concept through tactics.
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to sell and defend the work
- Work collaboratively with marketing managers and internal clients to solve problems
- Maintain stewardship of brand language, tone, and standards
- Ensure flawless attention to detail and execution of work
- Clear understanding of the nuances between physician and consumer communications
- Well-versed in industry best-practices and provided guidelines
What you'll bring:
- BA/BS required
- 5-7 years’ experience as a staff or freelance writer in consumer advertising or marketing.
- Health and wellness experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments under time pressure and deliver clean copy on deadline
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation expertise
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.