Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Social Media
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Senior Manager of Social Media will assist in overseeing the strategic, administrative, operational and financial activities of the Digital and Social Media Department for The Mount Sinai Health System, ensuring successful social media strategy, while developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, encouraging participation, and assisting in the management of Mount Sinai’s digital reputation. This role collaborates with the Director, Digital and Social Media and The Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary departments and coordinates with the Marketing and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring a consistent message to the public about the institutions mission, vision and values in the global community.
What you'll do:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and manages the presence of The Mount Sinai Health System social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare, Periscope, Google+ and other similar digital community sites.
2. Writes, produces and distributes numerous posts per day on over 20 social media platforms to promote service areas, physicians, nurses, students, leadership, events, research and initiatives.
3. Proactively engages user community on all social media platforms to develop relationships and encourage user action through social channels.
4. Gathers, strategically analyzes and presents social media metrics to determine effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize traffic and marketing efforts.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of social media strategy, coordinating with clients across the organization as well as the web, marketing, Press and PR teams to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.
6. Identifies and monitors trends in social media and implement improvements as required. Drives innovation by leveraging new media platforms.
7. Collaborates with the product development team to ensure social media tools are updating and in working order.
8. Organizes and executes monthly, bi-weekly and weekly social media campaigns across all platforms. Manages day-to-day operations of campaigns. Develop health awareness campaign applications on Facebook.
9. Monitors and develops strategies for all Mount Sinai Health System social media platforms to ensure the Mount Sinai brand is sufficiently represented, leveraged and protected.
10. Leverages, protects and increases the reputation of Mount Sinai and its physicians, service areas, leaders and other stakeholders in the digital community using all social media channels and blogger relationships. Monitors all social media conversations and hospital, school and physician rating sites to identify sentiment and areas of concern. Communicates information to the marketing, press and public relations teams and applicable internal stakeholders. Develops and executes strategies to enhance reputation and manages negative conversations and ratings on social media platforms, review sites and other digital forums (Digital Reputation Management).
11. Creates campaigns to help increase rankings of The Mount Sinai Health System, as well as the reputation of Mount Sinai leadership, such as Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions and Facebook Live.
12. Organizes and promotes Livestream recruitment events for School programs and initiatives.
13. Responsible for live promotion of major initiatives and fundraising events, including live photos, videos, interviews and posts on numerous channels.
14. Conducts and promotes live twitter chats to promote physicians, service areas and events.
15. Captures social photos around the Mount Sinai campus and at external events and fundraisers. Edits photos using Adobe Photoshop and other advanced software platforms and post on social media channels such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
16. Creates and edits images and social graphics using Adobe Photoshop and other advanced software platforms.
17. Ensures 360 degree integration of social media channels with Mount Sinai Health System websites and other Mount Sinai channels, including social links, share buttons, twitter feeds, social hubs and YouTube videos.
18. Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree required in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relative degree work; Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in the management of web digital and editorial teams, with prior relevant experience, and the proven ability to supervise and lead staff and institutional brand-building and reputation enhancement programs.
- Proficiency and expertise in applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, MAC OS, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding of medical terminology and demonstrated competency in communicating effectively with clinical staff and hospital personnel at all levels
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.