Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical Data Manager-HSO Clinical Data Registries
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Quality Operations
team at Mount Sinai Health System supports clinical departments, clinical
centers of excellence and clinical institutes through the curation and
stewardship of clinical data registries which lay the clinical data foundation
to provide leadership and care teams with the data and insights they need for
monitoring care processes, quality measurement and outcomes assessment.
Our team is seeking a Clinical Data Manager to help provide solutions to integrate, cleanse, govern and translate clinical data into comprehensive databases to meet the reporting needs for patient and disease cohorts. This job requires an experienced detail-oriented clinical data manager with strong technical skills and strong knowledge of data quality assurance/data validation and data collection process/form design.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Apply your knowledge of relational database design to document data requirements, define data sources and share findings with clinical data coordinator teams for data collection and with data engineering and analytics teams for extraction, transformation and loading of data in usable staging and analytic tables in our data warehouse.
- Design and build data collection processes as needed to meet data need requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert for database projects.
- Perform data validation at various stages of data processing and report development to ensure complete and accurate data capture and reporting.
- Respond to and resolve data quality issues.
- Compile data summary reports, data profiles, patient lists and other data reports per ad hoc requests from internal and external teams and track and monitor data requests as honest broker.
- Act as vendor relationship manager for data collection software vendors – coordinate with vendors on data collection form design, data import/export processes, version control, upgrades, etc.
- As vendor manager, keep consistent, clear documentation on vendor-related processes and act a subject-matter expert to team as related to vendor.
- Produce and manage data definition documents (DDDs) and e-CRF data dictionaries
- Bachelor's degree required), Master’s degree a plus
- Five (+) years of professional experience in clinical disease registries, population health, or in the medical device or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- CRF/database design experience required
- Intermediate to advanced SQL & CDISC/CDASH skills preferred
- REDCap project design, R Programming & Vendor Management experience are a plus
- Experience working across multiple studies/projects across clinical areas simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Independent worker who also contributes well to team initiatives
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail
- experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.