Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Administrative Assistant - Bone Marrow Transplant - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- May schedule appointments for patients.
- Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider.
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician.
- Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms). Maintain logging system as required for tracking test results.
- Education: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties.
- Certified Medical Assistant required if performing Medical Assistant duties
- Experience: 3 years of related experience.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.