Mount Sinai Careers
DATA SCIENCE ANALYST II - GENETIC & GENOMIC SCIENCES
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Science Analyst manages and organizes large databases and conducts statistical
and genomic analysis. Uses software to gather, store, manipulate and analyzes
The Data Science Analyst will work with a group of researchers on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. The individual will support research projects by delivering analytical services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies
The ideal candidate will have strong statistical and programming proficiencies with proven expertise in genomic analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes custom scripts for analysis of genomic data derived from high-throughput techniques.
- Designs and implements bioinformatics tools and processes in order to analyze large scale datasets.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues and proposes upgrades to current software.
- Develop projects and work independently on a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Manages databases, conducts statistical and genomic analysis, and participates in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- May be involved in sequence and structural analysis, data mining, or statistical modeling.
- May collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing.
- May conduct analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- May give presentations both inside and outside of the institution.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline; M.S. preferred
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- 3 years of experience required
- Working experience with genetics or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, SAS, Strata
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and much more.
EOE. Women Minorities Veterans