Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Desktop Support Specialist II - Epic - Weekends 8pm-8am
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - REQ #2250846
Desktop Support Specialist II
Role and Responsiblities:
The Desktop Support Specialist II provides consultation to business area management and staff at a highly technical level for all aspects of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides consultation to business area management and staff at a highly technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
2. Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers, scanners and mobile devices such as WOWs, laptops, tablets, MACs and smartphones.
3. Evaluates business problems and recommends vendor packages to meets user needs, and implements required software.
4. Receive requests from help desk and provide second level support, escalate problems and issues to various IT groups.
5. Move, add and change workstations throughout Mount Sinai locations and off campus.
6. Provide support for Mount Sinai users at remote sites outside the campus which might require local travel.
7. Provide basic and advanced training on clinical and office/administrative applications.
8. Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
9. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred. Microsoft Windows MSCE is preferred
- Four years of programming and analysis experience in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, including remote connectivity products, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Hardware and software
- Advanced knowledge of all Windows Operating Systems like Window XP, and 7
- Basic understanding of networking and familiarity with TCP/IP and DHCP
- Ability to install and configure hard drives, optical drives, network cards, video cards and network/local printers
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in providing computer services, desktop support, training, repairs and/or messaging.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of end user computing systems and hardware, client functions and applications, excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff.
- Must be flexible regarding duties and hours to cover and willing to travel to the remote locations within the five boroughs.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.