Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR - OPHTHALMOLOGY
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to the Vice President(VP) of Ophthalmology Services (NYEE) /Deputy Chair of Administration and Finance(DC) & Department Administrator(DA) for Department of Ophthalmology (MSHS).
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications, scheduling appointments and managing calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, compiling various reports, maintenance of records and other documentation, project management, and coordinating special events.
- Liaison for Human Resources working closely with School, Hospital and Corporate.
- Facilitate onboarding of new faculty and staff which includes assisting employees with completing benefits and referring employees to appropriate HR staff for retirement, death, disability and other personal insurance / benefits issues.
- Complete new employee department orientation check list. This includes submitting employee payroll, assist with department IT and other application access.
- Complete authorization process, submit posting through online applicant tracking system & submit and follow up with position control.
- Prepare and monitor FMLA documentation process for the department.
- Maintain and manage personnel files.
- Assist Deputy Chair and Department Administrator with documentation and encourage compliance with timely completions.
- Collaborates with HR, Finance, Security, Patient Quality, and other departments to ensure smooth coordination of Deputy Chair and VP responses.
- Responsible for onboarding international & national observers visiting NYEE. This includes completing paperwork, background check, employee health and coordination of dates of observation. Roughly 15-20 observers a year.
- Communicates with high-level NYEE & MSHS executives and their respective offices.
- Manages responses to complaints/concerns from patients, staff, and physicians (addressed to Vice President and/or Deputy Chair) and acts decisively.
- Tracks, anticipates, and prepares for upcoming deadlines, events, and agenda items that require action by the Vice President
- Liaison for cooperation with Compliance Department for physician compliance
- Correspond with the International Council of Ophthalmology in reference to fellowship admission and proposed dates
- Assists in the resolution of complex, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters
- Coordinate recruit itineraries and hotel accommodations
- Responsible for Department of Ophthalmology HRTS Transactions
- Responsible for the timely and accurate ordering of department supplies
- Responsible for scheduling and scribing 3 Committees (Quality of Care, Faculty Development, Patient Experience)
- Manages request for time off for management team and reviews with VP to make certain coverage is available at multiple offices.
- Work on special projects at direction of VP/DC.
- Responsible for all accounts payable and receivable from Administrative Suite.
- Active liaison with MSHS legal, compliance, and HR departments in compliance with MSHS policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of Joint Commission and other hospital regulatory reviews / mandates / requirements.
- Provides administrative support including typing, preparing reports and correspondence.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate ordering of department supplies.
- Maintains office filing systems in an orderly fashion.
- Analyzes problems and resolves them or refers them to the appropriate person.
- Ability to multi-task to ensure time-sensitive tasks is completed in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain and update department/hospital roster of physicians, trainees, and staff.
- Cross-trained in all administrative support duties to effectively provide coverage when necessary.
- Reconciles expenses for the VP/Deputy Chair on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. i.e. HS/GED diploma plus seven years of experience.
- 5 years related administrative or business experience required.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.