Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY I - ACCOUNTING/ FINANCE
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Secretary (Accounting/ Finance), which reports to the Associate Director, is primarily responsible for assisting the staff accountants and management in the coordination of administrative and office service activities within the General Accounting Department.
The position will exercise effective
communication and tremendous customer service demeanor in a support role
performing tasks / responsibilities over the following areas:
- Daily monitoring of bank transactions to assist in identifying proper cost centers for the activity. Requires contacting and coordinating with various individuals to prepare files to import to the School’s general ledger.
- Prepares data entry of monthly upload journals for the month closing: School’s and Hospital’s wires, etc., communicates with departments on getting correct funding sources, if needed.
- Coordinates and serves as a back up to assist with administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage, including back up to the Executive Assistant for VP of Finance and back up to the Director of Finance. Will be responsible for managing meetings and maintaining calendars in Outlook.
- Answers routine and specific administrative inquires as required. Re-directs inquiries, when necessary, to the appropriate department or individual for further information and/or resolution.
- Responsible for reviewing/approving various transactions for adequate funding, proper account coding and support back up documentation availability:
- Travel vouchers;
- Cost/fund transfers;
- Purchase orders;
- Check requests;
- Required to communicate with various individuals regarding transaction approval and completeness. Organizational, communication and follow-through skills must be strong.
- Serves as the primary role for depositing checks daily.
- Performs equipment tagging project. Affixes Capital Asset Property tags to equipment as per spreadsheet compiled monthly by Capital Assets Manager. Equipment is located throughout the Medical Center’s locations (including patient areas).
- You will provide excellent customer service when actively tagging equipment for different departments.
- Maintains appropriate analyses documenting tagging progress, revisions to data, problems, compiles reports when requested.
- Processing of Mount Sinai Innovation Partners royalty distributions via check and wire processing, acquisition and coordination of W-9s for procedural compliance, updating records for undistributed revenue, communicating with MSIP and colleagues on status updates.
- Assists / prepares / updates various informational flyers, brochures, website maintenance, Power Point presentations for Director of Finance/VP of Finance, as required.
- Responsible for daily mail collection, sorting by areas and distribution to respective areas/individuals.
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable and review an Abandoned Property annual filing process, communicates and resolves any issues. Assemble various letters for audit purposes, abandoned property notices and communications to different departments with Microsoft Word and/or Excel.
- Prepare meeting materials – typing, printing, and copies as needed.
- Ensures that all departmental monthly/quarterly closing checklists are completed accurately and timely.
- Manages the inventory of office supplies, and handles re-stock orders, as required. Maintain proper upkeep of department printers and copier functionality.
- May assist in coordinating administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage.
- Associate degree in finance, accounting or business related field required
- Experience in corporate finance and accountant
- Experience in office administration will be given preference.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
- Customer service oriented;
- Neatness and organization;
- Understanding of basic Accounting/Finance concepts;
- Ability to work independently and follow-through;
- Take charge and proactive attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Inquisitive nature or willingness to improve skills with MS Office Suite;
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.