Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Marketing- REQ #2251810
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Manager of Marketing Communications is responsible for creating a data driven plan to drive measurable revenue and reputation for the prioritized ‘products’ within the Department of Pediatrics, specifically the alliance between Mount Sinai Health System and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). The Manager is responsible for developing the marketing plan including analysis of market, customer segmentation, revenue priorities and aligning with system priorities. The Manager will then translate the strategy into a Go to Market Plan for the Department that delivers specific key performance indicators (KPIs) of the plan. Monthly reports on plan progress and adjustments to improve performance are a key part of keeping the plan focused and effective. The Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with the System Chairman, System Administrative Manager, and the System team to develop, strategize and ensure execution of various marketing/communication strategies. The Manager is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department and will adhere to Marketing Department practices, plans and practices and will deploy and manage centralized marketing resources as applicable to the implementation of the agreed upon Marketing Plan.
- Collaborate with the System Chairman, System Administrative Manager, and the System team in developing a marketing strategy, including positioning and value proposition for Pediatrics system wide.
- Under the direction of Marketing leadership, create; implement and measure Go to Market plan that is based on excellent market analysis. Work with Marketing Team and Strategic planning to develop KPIs that are measurable and trackable.
- Create detailed plan that implements the marketing strategy and will include appropriate marketing strategized including on line marketing, physician engagement strategies, earned and owned media etc.
- Direct detailed plan execution through Central Marketing and Communications resources. Utilize external resources as needed and budgeted.
- Develop and implement rigorous tracking mechanisms for all efforts and work closely with Operations teams to ensure effective ‘customer’ service and end-to-end tracking of marketing efforts.
- Utilize centralized CRM and other marketing technologies as administered for the System.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of all customer segments—patients and referring physicians and ensure that perspective is the driver of marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and elevate marketing communications campaigns to effect business results by directing creative and digital resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of experience quantitative driven marketing positions—
- health care organizations a plus.
- Digital marketing familiarity and ability to analyze and interpret digital marketing KPI’s required.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complicated product propositions into compelling marketing platforms required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.