Mount Sinai Careers
SENIOR CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR - Department of Gastroenterology
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator – 2252048
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Department of Gastroenterology is seeking a Senior Clinical Research
Coordinator in The Center for Advanced Endoscopy and Polypectomy. Under general
supervision, analyzes and interprets highly complex clinical research data;
conducts clinical testing and develops protocols. Develops work flow policies
and procedures. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced
clinical research staff. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study
subjects. Assists with protocol submissions, database enhancements, and budget
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes highly complex data gathered on clinical research studies
- Interprets complex clinical research data
- Conducts clinical testing, develops protocols and assures all protocol procedures are approved
- Prepares reports for presentation in conferences and seminars
- Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff
- Develops work flow policies and procedures, prepares manuals and documents related to operations of the function
- Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening, evaluation and testing of the subjects
- Oversees data collection, processing, storage, inventory and quality control for clinical research studies
- Assists in budget preparation and negotiation
- May prepare and ensure grant applications, IRB / GCO documents are submitted
- Coordinates protocols and human subject approvals between various sites
- Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical trials
- May obtain informed consent under general supervision of the Investigator(s) and educate participants regarding study requirements
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of clinical research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities
- Demonstrated leadership potential
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.