Mount Sinai Careers
RESEARCH INFORMATICS BUSINESS ANALYST/PROJECT MANAGER - SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Research Informatics Business Analyst /
Project Manager for the Scientific Computing department assists with the
overarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinical
The incumbent will analyze, document, design deliver, and support major systems and technologies including Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources and projects in high performance computing and data warehousing, utilizing a thorough understanding Project Management and Business Analysis industry standards and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with healthcare researchers and business users to identify, specify, and clearly document the complex business requirements, use cases, and processes for diverse applications and systems.
- Manages and proactively drives the overall progress and deliverables for major national and regional projects and data sharing initiatives such as the Data Submission and Repository portal of the NIEHS-funded national Children's Health Exposure Analysis Resource (CHEAR), and the data submissions and study support for the NYC-Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN).
- Performs functional analysis and system design. Authors functional requirements and system design documents. Documents, tests, and implements on-going evaluations in support of the recommended solutions.
- Proactively initiates and drives meetings, presentations, and project progress daily
- Collects user feedback and designs enhancements to Sinai-developed research software such as the Cohort Query Tool and eRAP electronic data capture systems.
- Performs analysis of various disparate healthcare data sources, to determine their interrelation, and how best to integrate and leverage them for research and quality purposes within Mt. Sinai's Data Warehouse. Authors' data integration plans and ETL specifications.
- Analyzes Clinical Researchers' data requirements and determines how best to present, visualize, and store data results.
- Researches and evaluates alternative technical and process solutions, based on industry best practices, in coordination with other technologists. Recommends and presents the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to solve the functional business units' strategic objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, r an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively as a liaison between both healthcare and technology teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in the creation of BRDs, FRDs, Use Case diagrams, Presentations, and other related diagrams and documentation.
- Self-driven and proactive.
- Healthcare provider domain experience is required (such as knowledge of Clinical Terminology, Population Health Management, Electronic Medical Record systems, IT interfaces and information exchange protocols/standards).
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Analysis and/or Project Management.
- Experience with SDLC, Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies, task and project management software (JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Project) are a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, Data Warehouses, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and basic SQL queries strongly encouraged
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403-(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.