Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CORPORATE FOUNDATION RELATIONS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER - DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
The Mount Sinai Health System
Development Office - 2252518
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Development Officer will research and manage a portfolio of corporations and independent foundations to generate philanthropic support for institutional priorities. H/she will provide grants management services for the Corporate & Foundation Relations Department and will be chief stewardship officer for the Department as well, managing the reports calendar. The manager will work closely with and report to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations to cultivate, solicit, and steward institutional donors, and to track gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity of the department. The C&F Development Officer will have principal responsibility for Sinai Innovations corporate sponsorships development. The position also requires some administrative support work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects and donors.
- Conduct prospect research for the portfolio, with institutional priorities at the forefront.
- Maintain a calendar of proposal submissions and stewardship reports for the C&F Department and for her/his portfolio.
- Manage all stewardship reporting for foundations and corporations for the Department, including working with faculty and preparation of narrative and financial reports.
- Renew and solicit new corporate sponsorships annually for the Sinai Innovations program, reporting directly to the Dean for Innovation and his leadership team on this event.
- As part of the C&F team, develop an annual personal work plan with metrics to track effectiveness of individual corporate and foundation efforts. Attend monthly Major Gifts Meetings to report on activity.
- Engage in a variety of cultivation and outreach/education activities with corporations and foundations, including arranging site visits to Mount Sinai.
- Interact successfully with Mount Sinai faculty, administrative and finance staff, and with Development colleagues.
- Maintain thorough knowledge about research, education, patient care, and programmatic initiatives at the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Represent the Mount Sinai Health System Office of Development at selected events and conferences on philanthropy.
- Handle administrative and support tasks for the Department, including arranging meetings and appointments for the C&F team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
Minimum Related Experience:
Strong desire to learn foundation and corporate fundraising skills and protocols; coupled with strong ability to research and write a case for support for Mount Sinai strategic priorities.
Superb administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. A writing sample is required.
Ability to be highly responsive and flexible in a fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities
The ability to work within an environment that emphasizes teamwork as well as individual initiative; high tolerance for ambiguity
Sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
Ability to honor confidentiality
Interest in science and medicine a plus.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.