Mount Sinai Careers
PATIENT ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATE - RTC
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Greets patients in person and by telephone and updates their insurance/demographic information in the practice management system.
- Gathers registration and financial information for patient pre-registration, enters the information into the practice management system and ensures all entries are complete and accurate.
- Answers phones for the practice; schedules, re-schedules and cancels patient appointments based on established protocols.
- Contacts patients at home to confirm scheduled and cancelled appointments.
- Checks in patients upon arrival at the practice and performs full registration, including: verification of demographics, completion of financial screening, prioritizing and verifying insurance as appropriate with third-party providers, making follow-up appointments, discussing MSMC?s self-pay policy for new patients, completing of Medicare as Secondary Payer questionnaire if appropriate, and having patient read and sign NOPP
- HS/GED; Associates degree preferred
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) ? basic proficiency
- Keyboarding skills are necessary, CERNER, EPIC or other practice management experience preferred
- 1 year physician practice experience. Must have a minimum of one week training on-site which will be provided by practice.
- Preferred: experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent telephone etiquette Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.