Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
FINANCIAL COORDINATOR - RADIATION ONCOLOGY
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Financial Coordinator verifies insurance benefits for patients, determines patient liability and coordinates payment of uncovered medical expenses. The person in this role assists patients with insurance and payment issues and resolves problems as necessary.
- Obtains and verifies patients’ insurance benefit information from insurance companies or private payers regarding coverage for services.
- Obtains all necessary payer authorizations and acquires all required referrals for services to be provided.
- Negotiates modifies rates with carriers.
- Communicates and informs patients of any potential patient out-of-pocket liability, and works out payment plans as necessary. May provides resources to bridge the gap between insurance coverage and patients’ liability if necessary.
- Assists patients with questions or problems regarding insurance coverage and other financial matters.
- Assists in the resolution of any patient billing issues.
patients’ coverage information previously obtained from insurance
companies or private payers to ensure accuracy and that there has been no
change in coverage since initial confirmation.
Maintains and completes all insurance assessment forms and agreements and ensures they are accurate for claims processing.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate degree in related field; Bachelors preferred, or combination of applicable experience and education
- 1 year (higher preferred) medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.